- Share prices of Southern Union Co. (SUG) rose 4.21% to close at $42.07 after Energy Transfer Equity, L.P. (ETE) increased its bidding amount by 21% to $5 billion for the company, beating William's (WMB) bid of $4.9 billion
- U.S. mining giant Peabody Energy Corp. (BTU) was amongst a consortium selected by the Mongolian Government to develop the Tavan Tolgoi coal mining project in the Gobi Desert
- Analysts of Wells Fargo (WFC) opined that a medical journal report about Medtronic’s (MDT) spine device will slow down sales. The report could also lead to investigations by federal regulators
- Analysts at Oppenheimer & Co. (OPY) initiated coverage on shares of Zalicus, Inc. (ZLCS) with an "Outperform" rating and a target price of $4.00
- Shares of Immucor, Inc. (BLUD) zoomed up 30.20% after TPG Capital agreed to buy the company for $27 per share or for about $2 billion
- St. Joe's (JOE) shares fell 9.10% after a filing revealed that the real-estate development company was being investigated by the SEC, primarily because of accounting issues and lands valuation methods
- Western Union (WU) unveiled plans to acquire Travelex's Global Business Payments division for about $968.7 million. The acquisition will allow the company to develop its international business payments services
- Shares of El Paso Electric (EE) were upgraded by analysts at Goldman Sachs (GS) to "Buy" rating from "Neutral" rating
- Analysts at Morgan Stanley (MS) initiated coverage on Yandex (YNDX) with an "Overweight" rating and a target price of $42.00
IMMUCOR (BLUD): Free Stock Analysis Report
Sign up to get our newsletter with money saving tips, travel hacks and more - no spam.
How We Rate Credit Cards
At GET.com we compare credit cards and rate them objectively based on the credit card's features, interest rates and fees.
Cards are rated by our team based primarily on the basis of value for money to the cardholder. The GET.com team rates each card based on its annual fee, rewards, benefits, bonus, introductory APR, ongoing APR, flexibility (in how its benefits can be used and how rewards are earned and redeemed), and other card features.