The Discover card is America's first cash rewards credit card, and I think it has some of the most pleasant customer services in the credit card industry. There are several types and versions of Discover credit cards (cash back/rewards cards), and many have similar features. Having reviewed so many credit cards, we can say with confidence that Discover credit cards are some of the more competitive ones out there in the market.
Are you thinking of getting a Discover card, but are not sure which one exactly you should get, and which are the latest offers? You've come to the right place. We at GET.com will share with you the best Discover cards for the different needs you may have.
Here are GET.com's picks of the best Discover cards:
0% on purchases and balance transfers for 12 months
11.24% - 23.24% Variable*
Read our review of Discover it® Cashback Match™.
0% on purchases for 6 months and 0% on balance transfers for 18 months
Read our review of Discover it® - 18 Month Balance Transfer Offer.
0% on purchases for 12 months
Read our review of Discover it® Miles here.
Read our review of Discover it® chrome here.
10.99% on balance transfers for 6 months
Read our review of Discover it® Secured Credit Card - No Annual Fee here.
0% intro APR* on purchases for 6 months
13.24% - 22.24% Variable*
Read our review of Discover it® for Students.
0% on purchases for 6 months
Read our review of Discover it® chrome for Students here.
Read our full NHL® Discover it® card review here.
- Discover it® cash back cards give you up to 5% cash back on your spending. This 5% applies (after you sign up for 5% cash back) to certain categories of purchases that change every quarter. The categories are wide-ranging, and include gas, restaurants, home improvement stores and many more, so you always have an opportunity to save more money on your regular expenses. You earn this 5% for total category purchases you make each quarter up to the quarterly maximum. Think of cash back cards as discount cards!
- Discover it® chrome cards let you earn 2% cash back automatically on certain types of spending right throughout the year.
- Discover credit cards are very flexible. Your cash rewards can be exchanged for real cash or if you prefer, other types of rewards such as store gift cards or merchandise.
- Shop with Discover Deals to earn extra cash back when you buy stuff from big-name online retailers such as BestBuy, Groupon, Home Depot, JCPenney etc. Miles card members earn extra miles with Discover Deals.
- Great customer service. J.D. Power awarded Discover "Highest in Customer Satisfaction with Credit Card Companies. Tied in 2014" after it received an equal score with American Express.
- Freeze ItSM on/off switch helps prevent unauthorized use of your card, including new purchases, balance transfers and cash advances, by letting you freeze or unfreeze your account in a matter of seconds through the Discover website or mobile app.
- Choose from a large selection of card designs. With this option, you don't have to stick to a boring card image.
Discover regularly partners with merchants to bring you special deals. Using a Discover credit card is a hassle free way to earn cash back or miles, and enjoy excellent customer service.
You can use your Discover card to get cash advances at any ATM in the PULSE network. When you travel outside of the U.S. you can use your Discover card at merchants and ATM's that accept Diners Club International. Discover has also partnered with credit cards networks JCB, UnionPay, BC Card and Dinacard, so you can use your Discover card at most merchants that accept those card networks.
updated Apr 01, 2016
Ivan Daniel is a writer at GET.com a lifestyle and personal finance website. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
At GET.com it's all about your saving and getting experience. There's nothing more helpful for all of us Getters than a true life experience, a tip or a trick relating to a reviewed product. Read more about comments.
I like my silver discover silver card they have cash back bonuses and give you your fido score free awesome!
July 17 2015 at 23:33
I like the card
June 04 2015 at 18:01
Best Card there is !!
October 28 2014 at 01:46
I really like my discover card I like the cash back rewards. But they are very dependable when there is a problem they are very courteous, I am glad I got my discover card.
October 22 2014 at 15:23
Sign up to get our newsletter with money saving tips, deals and coupons - no spam.
discounts & deals from all banks in one app?
At GET.com we compare credit cards and rate them objectively based on the credit card's features, interest rates and fees.
Cards are rated by our team based primarily on the basis of value for money to the cardholder. The GET.com team rates each card based on its annual fee, rewards, benefits, bonus, introductory APR, ongoing APR, flexibility (in how its benefits can be used and how rewards are earned and redeemed), and other card features.