The Discover card is America's first cash rewards credit card, and I think it has some of the most pleasant customer services in the credit card industry. The Discover it® - Double Cash Back your first year credit card is issued by Discover Financial (DFS), one of the largest credit card issuers in the US. There are several types and versions of Discover it credit cards (cash back/rewards hybrid cards), and many have similar features. Having reviewed so many credit cards, I can say with confidence that Discover is one of the more competitive card issuers as it frequently comes out with new credit cards for different needs.
Are you thinking of getting a Discover card, but are not sure which one exactly you should get, and which are the latest offers? You've come to the right place. We at GET.com get all the latest Discover it credit card offers directly from Discover, so we know which are the latest and hottest deals and can share them with our readers here.
Here's a quick overview of Discover it cards:
- Discover it cash back cards give you up to 5% cash back on your spending. This 5% applies (after you sign up for 5% cash back) to certain categories of purchases that change every quarter. The categories are wide-ranging, and include gas, fashion, travel, dining and many more, so you always have an opportunity to save more money on your regular expenses. You earn this 5% for total category purchases you make each quarter up to the quarterly maximum. Think of cash back cards as discount cards!
- Discover it Cards are very flexible. Your cash rewards can be exchanged for real cash or if you prefer, other types of rewards such as store gift cards or merchandise.
- You can more than DOUBLE the value of your cash rewards if you redeem them for certain partner retailer gift certificates instead of cash. For instance, if you've earned a $40 rebate, you can exchange it for a $100 certificate from Hyatt Hotels & Resorts.
- Shop at Discover's online mall Discover Deals to earn extra cash back when you buy stuff from over 200 big-name online retailers such as BestBuy, Groupon, Home Depot, JCPenney etc. Miles card members earn extra miles with Discover Deals.
- Great customer service. J.D. Power awarded Discover "Highest in Customer Satisfaction with Credit Card Companies. Tied in 2014" after it received an equal score with American Express.
- New Freeze ItSM on/off switch helps prevent unauthorized use of your card by letting you freeze or unfreeze your account in a matter of seconds through the Discover website or mobile app.
- Choose from a huge selection of card designs. With this option, you don't have to stick to a boring card image.
Below are the highlights of the latest Discover it cards:
Discover it® - Double Cash Back your first year is the main and most popular Discover card. You get 5% cash back up to the quarterly maximum for combined purchases in certain categories that change every 3 months, after you sign up for 5% cash back. Earn 1% rebate on all other purchases. This card automatically doubles all of the cash back you've earned at the end of your first year. Get additional rebates when shopping with Discover Deals to save even more money. It also has a special 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for the first 12 months (10.99% - 22.99% variable purchase APR thereafter). 3% fee applies to balance transfers.
Discover it® - Double Cash Back your first year - 18 Month Balance Transfer Offer is one of the best balance transfer cards on the market now. This version of the card that offers a special 0% interest rate for people who transfer any high interest card balance to this new credit card, for a period of 18 months (10.99% - 22.99% variable APR thereafter). Cut your card debts and pay zero interest for 18 months with this card. Keep in mind that a 3% balance transfer fee still applies. You'll also enjoy 0% introductory APR on purchases for 6 months, and a 10.99% - 22.99% variable APR on purchases after that.
Discover it® for Students - Double Cash Back your first year is the student version of the flagship Discover it® which also has the 5% rebate up to the quarterly maximum for purchases in rotating categories after you sign up for 5% cash back. It also lets you earn up to 20% rebate when you shop through their online mall. Having just acquired The Student Loan Corporation (SLC), Discover it® for Students - Double Cash Back your first year is set to become an even more popular choice of card among college students. This is a good card if you want to build up your credit while in college and it offers free FICO® credit score to keep track of your rating. It has 0% intro APR on purchases for 6 months, and 12.99% - 21.99% variable APR on purchases thereafter, as well as a 10.99% intro APR on balance transfers for 6 months with 12.99% - 21.99% variable APR thereafter. No annual fee. Offer for new card members: Double all the cash back that you have earned at the end of your first year. This happens automatically.
Discover it® chrome - Double Cash Back your first year is a no annual fee credit card that gives you 2% cash back on up to $1,000 in combined purchases at restaurants and gas stations every quarter. And you don't need to sign-up to a cash back program in order to earn the 2% cash back - it’s automatic. You also earn 1% cash back on all other purchases. As an offer for new cardmembers all the cash back you've earned at the end of your 1st year will be doubled automatically. There is a 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 12 months, after that there is a standard 10.99% - 22.99% variable APR. There is a 3% fee for each balance transfer. View your FICO® score for free on your monthly statements, via an app, or online. Customer service at all hours, 100% US based. No foreign transaction fee, no overlimit fee and no late fee on your first late payment.
Discover it® chrome for Students - Double Cash Back your first year. If you're looking for a fair credit student card that offers decent cash back on ordinary expenses, this credit card's a good place to start. First of all, it won't cost you much as it has no annual fee, no overlimit fee, no late fee on your first late payment, and for those who like traveling or shopping abroad, it has no foreign transaction fee. Then there's the 2% cash back that you earn if you spend at restaurants and gas stations, up to a combined purchase limit of $1,000 per quarter. No need to sign up to earn this 2% cash back. You get a full 1% cash back for all other purchases and as a new cardmember all the cash back you've earned at the end of your 1st year will be doubled automatically. Benefit from a 0% intro APR on purchases for 6 months (after that, there is a 12.99% - 21.99% variable APR on purchases). You'll also enjoy 10.99% intro APR on balances transferred to this account by October 10, 2015 (12.99% - 21.99% variable APR on balance transfers thereafter).
At GET.com it's all about your saving and getting experience. There's nothing more helpful for all of us Getters than a true life experience, a tip or a trick relating to a reviewed product. Read more about comments.
Best Card there is !!
October 28 2014 at 01:46
I really like my discover card I like the cash back rewards. But they are very dependable when there is a problem they are very courteous, I am glad I got my discover card.